For as long as she can remember, Nana’s house has always been Ellie’s special place.
But now Mum says Nana needs to move… into a Care Home.
Ellie needs answers. Will Nana like it? Why does she have to go? And… what is a Care Home anyway?
Finding Nana is a beautifully illustrated, fictional story following Ellie and Jack as they discover what happens when Nana moves into a very special Care Home.
Visiting new places to see familiar people can sometimes be a bit scary.
But Finding Nana offers a heartfelt and honest story about loss, being real about your fears and the triumph of love when finding a special someone in a strange place.
“The best of care and support shines through this story.”
Anna Dixon MBE, Chair of the Archbishops’ Commission on Reimagining Care and author of The Age of Ageing Better
- Reassures children during the daunting experience of finding a special someone in a strange place
- Expresses some of the feelings a child may go through during an elderly relative’s move into care
- Gives children understanding and support for encountering older people
- Offers summary questions helping children process what it’s like to live in a care home
- Demonstrates the unique role of a chaplain within MHA’s distinctive Care Homes, supported by the Methodist Church.