Flourish is about all churches recognising God's call to work with schools so that children and young people, communities and churches can be transformed and flourish in all aspects of life, both physical and spiritual.
Flourish aims to
- help and inspire churches to recognise that God is present and at work in their local schools and invites us to join in.
- encourage and resource circuits to build relationships with their local schools to enable mutual flourishing.
- Offer support, as churches get involved in schools, to share, learn, grow and inspire each other.
- Build confidence to enable churches to recognise their many resources to engage with schools (experience, time, skills, prayer, buildings, finance, love)
- Encourage churches to prioritise, wherever possible, those communities where people are experiencing economic poverty or are marginalised.
More information and resources can be found on the Methodist Church website.